LIBDSK is a library for accessing discs and disc image files. It is intended for use in:
- Emulator tools - converting between real floppy discs and disc images, as CPCTRANS / PCWTRANS do under DOS.
- Filesystem utilities - CPMTOOLS is configurable to use LIBDSK, thus allowing the use of CPMTOOLS on emulator .DSK images. To do this, install LIBDSK and then build CPMTOOLS, using "./configure --with-libdsk". For CPMTOOLS 1.9 or 2.0, you will also need to apply this patch.
- Emulators - it is possible to use LIBDSK as part of an emulator's floppy controller emulation, thus giving the emulator transparent access to .DSK files or real discs.
- Now compiles out-of-the-box on FreeBSD.
- rcpmfs works correctly emulating a CP/M 2 filesystem as well as a CP/M 3 one.
New in 1.3.3
- Updated to latest autotools.
- rcpmfs: Buffer overflow when renaming a file with a full 8.3 name and a nonzero user number (Jurgen Sievers)
LIBDSK has drivers for:
- Raw files (including /dev/fdn).
- Raw files, rearranged into logical filesystem order.
- .DSK files, as used in CPCEMU, JOYCE and other Sinclair/Amstrad emulators.
- MYZ80 hard drive image files.
- NanoWasp floppy image files.
- .CFI (Compressed Floppy Image) files, as created by FDCOPY.COM under DOS.
- The Linux floppy drive (supports CPC System and Data formats, which the standard "Raw file" driver does not).
- The Windows 3.x/95/98/ME/NT/2000 floppy drive.
- The DOS floppy drive (via the PC BIOS).
- CopyQM files (read-only)
- TeleDisk files (read-only)
- APRIDISK image files
- rcpmfs - a backend that makes a Unix/Windows directory appear to be a CP/M disc image.
- Another instance of LibDsk over a serial line.
Stable version: libdsk-1.2.1.tar.gz
Development version: libdsk-1.3.3.tar.gz
Debian packages by Darren Salt.
Packages for Fedora Core 2 and Redhat 9 by Ian Chapman.
Lib765 is the floppy controller emulation from JOYCE, separately packaged. It is (in some sense) the reverse of LibDsk; it converts uPD765a commands into LibDsk API calls. It should come in handy if you're writing a PCW, CPC or Spectrum+3 emulator; if you want to use it in a PC emulator, you'll need to add features such as DMA.
New in v0.4.x
- (v0.4.2) Increased buffer size to fix multisector reads on high-density disc images.
- (v0.4.1) Removed spurious references to LIBDSK_EXPOSES_DIRTY.
- (v0.4.0) Initial support for multisector reads.
The Diskette Tools program is a GUI front-end to LibDsk. It doesn't do any more than the provided sample utilities, but it looks nicer.
dsktool102.zip (1200k): Compiled version for Windows, including source code.
AUXD is a server for CP/M, allowing drives from CP/M systems to be made available to LibDsk over a serial link. Two versions are included - a generic CP/M server, and one for Amstrad PCW/CPC/Spectrum +3 CP/M.
auxd.zip (62k) - source code and compiled programs.
John Elliott 2010-12-14